- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 30-feet tall bronze statue of Alluri Sitarama Raju at Bhimavaram in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on 4th July 2022.
- As part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations on the occasion of 125th birth anniversary of freedom fighter & 75th anniversary of independence.
- PM Modi began his speech in Telugu, paying tribute to the revolutionary leader & hailing him as an inspiration to the entire nation.
- He is an inspiration to the whole country. The 125th birth anniversary of Alluri Sitarama Raju will be celebrated to mark 100 years of ‘Rampa Kranti’ as well as 75 years of independence.
- Born in present-day Andhra Pradesh in 1897 or 1898, Alluri Sitarama Raju is said to have led the guerrilla resistance against the British in the region at a very young age.
Qns : Who was Alluri Sitarama Raju?
Ans : Alluri Sitarama Raju was born on 4 July 1857 in Mogallu village of Palakoderu mandal in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. He started the Rampa Rebellion and was popularly known as “Manyam Veerudu” or the Hero of the Forest.