- The first Trade and Investment Working Group (TIWG) meeting under India’s G20 Presidency will be held in Mumbai from March 28th to 30th, 2023.
- Over 100 delegates from G20 member countries, invitee countries, regional groupings and international organizations will attend the meeting to discuss accelerating global trade and investments.
- On March 28th, an International Conference on ‘Trade Finance’ will be held followed by a guided tour of Bharat Diamond Bourse for G20 delegates.
- Various experience zones on spices, millet, tea, and coffee will be set up, and an exhibition on textiles will be on display during the TIWG meeting at the conference venue.
- On March 29th and 30th, the TIWG Meeting will discuss priorities related to global trade and investment in four technical closed-door sessions.
- The discussions will focus on making trade work for growth and prosperity, building resilient Global Value Chains (GVCs), integrating MSMEs in global trade, and building efficient logistics for trade.
- The Indian Presidency aims to build a shared understanding of the challenges being faced in accelerating global trade and investment and formulating human-centric concrete outcomes and deliverables.
Question : What is the main focus of the First Trade and Investment Working Group Meet being held in Mumbai from 28 to 30 March 2023 under India’s G20 Presidency?
A) Accelerating global trade and investments
B) Exploring new business opportunities
C) Discussing the impact of COVID-19 on global trade
D) Examining the role of digital currencies in trade finance
Answer: A) Accelerating global trade and investments