The government launched the Agneepath scheme 2022 on 14th June 2022 to recruit soldiers in the Army, Navy & Air Force. The main goal behind launching this scheme is to reduce the age profile of the armed forces and stop ballooning pension bills.
What is Agneepath Scheme?
On 14th June 2022, The biggest change has happened so far regarding recruitment in the Indian Army. Young men & women between 17.5 to 21 years will be able to join the Army if they pass all the tests and will be called “Agniveers”.
Agniveer will now be recruited under the Agneepath scheme in the Army, Navy and Airforce. These will be soldiers, but their rank will be different from the current rank and they will be called Agniveers. These Agniveers will be in the Army, Navy or Air Force for four years. Only a maximum of 25% of these Agniveers will be given a chance to become permanent at a later stage. The first recruitment rally will be held for recruitment in the army in 90 days. In the 1st phase, 40000 will be recruited for Army, 3000 for Navy and 3500 Agniveers for Airforce.
Benefits of Agneepath :
‘Service Fund’ will be exempted from income tax. No one will be entitled to gratuity & pensionary benefits. Agniveers will be provided a non-contributory life insurance cover of Rs 48 lakh for the period of their engagement in Indian Armed Forces.
Under this scheme, Agniveers will be bestowed with various military skills and experience, discipline, physical fitness, leadership qualities, courage & patriotism. After this tenure of 4 years, Agniveers will be inducted into civil society where they can contribute immensely in the process of nation building. The skills acquired by each Agniveer will be recognized in a certificate to be part of his/her unique resume.
Who can apply in Agneepath :
Become to Agniveer, 10th & 12th pass any youth of the country whose age is between 17.5 to 21 years can apply. The Defense Ministry said that under the Agneepath scheme, an all-India merit-based recruitment scheme will be brought for recruitment in the Army, Air & Navy. The youth who will become Agniveer after 10th, they will get 12th certificate from the army itself.
Advantages of Agneepath :
- Transformational reforms in the recruitment policy of the Armed Forces.
- Unique opportunity for youth to serve the country & contribute in nation building.
- Profile of Armed Forces Young & energetic.
- Attractive financial package for Agniveers.
- Opportunity for Agniveers to take training in best institutes and enhance their skills & abilities.
Terms & Conditions :
- Agniveers will be enrolled in the forces under the respective Service Acts for a period of 4 years.
- They will form a separate rank in the Armed Forces, which will be different from any existing rank. Based on the organizational requirement & policies announced by the Armed Forces from time to time, on completion of 4 years of service.
- Agniveers will be provided an opportunity to apply for permanent enrollment in Indian Armed Forces.
Qns : What is Agneepath scheme 2022 ?
Ans : The government launched the Agneepath scheme to recruit soldiers in the Army, Navy & Air Force. The main goal behind launching this scheme is to reduce the age profile of the armed forces and stop ballooning pension bills.
Qns : When was the launched Agneepath scheme 2022?
Ans : The Agneepath Scheme 2022 was launched on 14th June 2022.