- Ajay Banga, the US pick to head the World Bank, is set to become the next president of the World Bank.
- No other countries have announced candidates, but nominations are allowed until yesterday afternoon.
- President Joe Biden nominated Banga after current president David Malpass announced his resignation.
- Banga went on a global tour to build support for his nomination, visiting China, Kenya, Ivory Coast, UK, Belgium, Panama, and India.
- Banga will take over at a crucial time as the World Bank is pushing for reforms to unlock more climate financing for the developing world.
- The World Bank presidency has always been held by a US candidate.
Questions : Which country did Ajay Banga’s nomination come from for the position of president of the World Bank?
Answer : c) USA