Ministry of Law and Justice notified on 20 June 2022 that, Government has cleared the appointment of new chief justices in five high courts.
- Justice Vipin Sanghi of the Delhi High Court will be appointed as the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court
- Justice Ujjal Bhuyan of Telangana High Court has been appointed Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Justice Amjad Ahtesham Sayed of the Bombay High Court will take over as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
- Justice Shinde Sambhaji Shiwaji of Bombay High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
- Justice Rashmin M Chhaya of the Gujarat High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court.
Moreover, Telangana High Court Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma has been transferred to the Delhi High Court.