The Chief Minister of Assam, Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma & Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Shri Konrad K. Sangma signed a landmark agreement between the states of Assam & Meghalaya to settle the dispute over six areas out of the total twelve areas of inter-state boundary dispute.
This is another milestone in the fulfillment of PM Narendra Modi’s vision of a peaceful & prosperous Northeast. Senior officials of the Union Home Ministry, Government of Assam & Government of Meghalaya were also present on the occasion.
Major achievements in establishing peace in North East from 2019 to 2022:
- NLFT Agreement in August 2019
- 16 Jan 2020to BRU-Reang Agreement,
- Bodo Accord on 27 Jan 2020,
- 04 Sep 2021 Karbi Anglong
- 29 March 2022 Assam-Meghalaya Boundary Agreement
Leave a Reply