- The National Health Authority (NHA) is using digital interventions to bring efficiency in the delivery of healthcare services under its Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) scheme.
- The Scan and Share service is one such intervention enabling instant registration for patients at OPD blocks of participating hospitals.
- The service works on a simple modality of QR-code based direct information sharing.
- Currently available in ABHA app, Aarogya Setu, Driefcase, Paytm, Bajaj Health, and Ekacare.
- Patients can directly share their ABHA profile with the hospital to complete their registration without having to fill the form physically.
- The utilization of the service has crossed 10 Lakh patient registrations within six months of its launch, and the per day average is about 25,000 OPD tokens.
- More than 443 hospitals across 147 districts have adopted the service.
- The Scan and Share service has been included under the Digital Health Incentive Scheme (DHIS), and health facilities can win incentives of up to Rs. 4 crores based on the number of ABHA-based digital health transactions they achieve.
Question: What is the name of the digital intervention service offered by the National Health Authority (NHA) under its Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) scheme that is enabling instant registrations for patients at OPD blocks of participating hospitals?
A) Scan and Share service
B) Digital Health Incentive Scheme
C) ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) profile creation
D) Aarogya Setu mobile app support
Answer: A) Scan and Share service