Skip to content
- Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Kader said the Bangladesh government has requested India to supply 100 electric buses for use in Dhaka and Chattogram this year.
- The request was made when India’s Deputy High Commissioner to Bangladesh Dr. Binoy Geogre met Minister Obaidul Quader at his office on 19 February 2023.
- Also discussed was the purchase of 300 electric double decker AC buses for Bangladesh Road Transport Corporation (BRTC) under the Indian Line of Credit (LoC).
- Bangladesh is working to formulate a policy for the registration and movement of electric vehicles in the country with the aim of reducing carbon emissions by 2030.
- This month the policy will be sent to the cabinet for approval.