The Beating Retreat ceremony will be held on 29 January 2023 at the historic Vijay Chowk in New Delhi, marking the end of four-day-long Republic Day celebrations.
- Twenty-nine Indian tunes based on classical ragas will be played by the music bands of the Army, Navy, Air Force and State Police, and Central Armed Police Force.
- President Droupadi Murmu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh will witness the ceremony.
- The ceremony will also feature the country’s biggest Drone Show, comprising three thousand 500 indigenous drones.
- The drone show will light up the evening sky over the Raisina hills, depicting the success of the start-up ecosystem and the technological prowess of the country’s youth.
- For the first time, a 3-D anamorphic projection will be organised during the Beating Retreat Ceremony on the façade of North and South Block.
- The Ceremony will begin with the massed band’s Agniveer tune and will end with the ever-popular tune of Sare Jahan se Acha.