Skip to content
- India-born naturalized British economist Meghnad Desai has written a new book titled “The Poverty of Political Economy: How Economics Abandoned the Poor”.
- The book highlights how the discipline of economics has systematically kept corporate interests on the fringes since the late 18th century.
- The book is published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- In this compelling new book, Meghnad Desai takes a critical, introspective look at the bodies of thought that have driven economics around the world.
- From Adam Smith to John Maynard Keynes, and from the Great Depression to the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Desai studies the contribution of economics to domestic and international politics.