- BVR Subrahmanyam has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment for a period of two years from the date of assumption of office.
- BVR Subrahmanyam will replace Parameswaran Iyer.
- Parameswaran Iyer has been appointed as the Executive Director, World Bank Headquarters, Washington DC, USA.
About BVR Subrahmanyam :
- Subrahmanyam Born in Andhra Pradesh, Subrahmanyam holds a management degree from the London Business School.
- Subrahmanyam is a 1987-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Chhattisgarh cadre.
- In 2022, he was appointed as chairman and managing director, India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) on contract basis for a period of two years after his superannuation on 30th September.
- Subrahmanyam worked in the PMO between 2004–2008 & 2012-2015, serving under both Prime Minister Manmohan Singh & Narendra Modi.
- The IAS officer was appointed as the chief secretary of Jammu & Kashmir. During his tenure, the Centre scrapped J&K’s special status and bifurcated it into 2 union territories.
What is NITI Aayog?
NITI Aayog is the premier ‘think tank’ of the Government of India which provides directional and policy inputs. NITI Aayog designs strategic, long-term policies and programs for the Government of India, as well as provides appropriate technical advice to the Center and the States.