- Voting for the Karnataka assembly elections will be held on May 10, 2023, and the counting of votes will take place on May 13, 2023.
- The Election Commission is committed to holding free and fair elections in Karnataka and has given special focus to young voters, women, transgenders, and vulnerable tribal groups.
- The gazetted notification for the elections will be issued on April 13, 2023, and the last date of filing nominations is April 20, 2023.
- A total of 58,282 polling stations have been set up in Karnataka, with 24,063 stations in urban areas and 34,219 in rural areas.
- The total number of voters in Karnataka is 5.21 crore, of which 2.62 crore are male voters and 2.59 are female voters. The first-time voters in the state are over 9 lakh.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party won 104 seats, while the Congress got 80 seats and the JDS secured 37 in the previous Assembly elections held in 2018.
Question: What is the total number of polling stations set up in Karnataka for the 2023 Assembly Elections?
Answer: D) 58,282