Skip to content
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) celebrated its 84th Raising Day on 27 July 2022.
- The day celebrates the immense and unique contribution of the force in maintaining the unity, integrity & sovereignty of the nation.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the largest central armed police force in India, which works under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- The CRPF came into existence on 27 July 1939 as the ‘Crown Representative Police’.
- After independence, it became the Central Reserve Police Force on the enactment of the ‘CRPF Act’ on 28 December 1949, which constituted the CRPF as the Armed Force of the Union.