- Draupadi Murmu has been elected as the 15th President of India.
- The Returning Officer for Presidential Elections and Secretary General of Rajya Sabha PC Modi announced the election of Ms Murmu after the counting of votes was completed on evening of 21st July.
- Ms Murmu got 64% of the vote and opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha got 36% of the vote.
- The Secretary General said that out of 4754 valid voters, Murmu got the votes of 2824 lawmakers including 540 MPs and the value of the vote is 676803.
- Mr Sinha got the votes of 1877 lawmakers including 208 MPs and the value of the vote is 380177.
- Ms. Murmu is the 1st tribal woman and the 2nd woman to hold the post of President of India.
Qns : Who becomes the 15th President of India?
Ans : Draupadi Murmu has been elected as the 15th President of India.