- The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) has detected customs evasion of around Rs 4,389 crore by mobile company Oppo India.
- During an investigation, the DRI searched OPPO India’s office premises and residences of its key management staff, which indicates a deliberate mis-declaration in the description of certain items imported by Oppo India for use in the manufacture of mobile phones.
- This wrong declaration resulted in wrong availing of ineligible duty exemption benefit of about Rs 3,000 crore by Oppo India.
- DRI questioned the senior management staff of the company and domestic suppliers and others who in their statements admitted to furnishing incorrect details of customs authorities at the time of import.
- After the completion of the investigation, a show cause notice has been issued to Oppo India, demanding customs duty of Rs 4,389 crore and notice also proposes relevant penalties on Oppo India, its employees & Oppo China.
Qns : Directorate of Revenue Intelligence has detected customs evasion of how many rupees by mobile company Oppo India?
Ans : The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) has detected customs evasion of around Rs 4,389 crore by mobile company Oppo India.