- The Central Board of Trustees of EPF held a meeting on 28 March 2023 and recommended an annual rate of interest of 8.15% to be credited on EPF accumulations in members’ accounts for the financial year 2022-23.
- The recommended rate of interest balances both the growth and surplus fund and safeguards the surplus while increasing income to members.
- The interest rate of EPFO is higher than other comparable investments.
- EPFO has consistently followed a prudent and balanced approach towards investment, putting the highest emphasis on the safety and preservation of principal with an approach of caution and growth.
- EPFO has been able to distribute higher income to its members through various economic cycles with minimal credit risk.
- A blend of conservative yet progressive approach of investment followed by EPFO has made it a wise option for PF members.
Questions : What is the recommended annual rate of interest to be credited on EPF accumulations in members’ accounts for the financial year 2022-23?
Answer: B) 8.15%