Flood situation in northern Odisha remains grim after incessant rains since 18th August.
- The flood situation in northern Odisha remains grim after incessant rains since 18th August.
- The state administration is keeping a close watch on all the 4 major river systems of the region namely Subarnarekha, Brahmani, Baitarani & Budhabalanga, which are in spate.
- State Water Resources Minister Tukuni Sahu has reviewed the flood situation in North Odisha, the Minister said that the local administration is fully prepared to deal with any crisis arising out of the flood situation.
- The 3 districts of North Odisha namely Balasore, Mayurbhanj & Keonjhar are badly affected by the floods, Balasore is the worst affected.
- While all the major rivers in these districts are facing either stagnant water level or drop in water level, the Subarnarekha river flowing through Balasore district is flowing above the danger mark.