Skip to content
- According to the latest industry data from Nikkei Asia, India has overtaken Japan to become the third largest auto market for the first time.
- Based on preliminary results, India’s new vehicle sales were at least 4.25 million units, ahead of the 4.2 million units sold in Japan.
- A total of 41.3 lakh new vehicles were delivered between January & November 2022 in India. The sales volume in December 2022 totals to around 4.25 million units.
- In 2021, China topped the global auto market with sales of 26.27 million vehicles.
- The US stood second with 15.4 million vehicles sold, followed by Japan with 4.44 million units.