Tokyo Olympics, 2020 was held from 23 Jul 2021 – 8 Aug 2021. United States won 113 medals & secure first position. India was at 48 position with 7 medals, which is best ever medal tally for India. Detail Medal Tally is given below :-
Commendable performance of India in Tokyo Olympics 2020:
- India won total 7 Medals in Olympics, 2020 which is the highest medal tally from India in any Olympic including 1 Gold, 2 Silver, 4 Bronze.
- Ms. Mira Bai Chanu won Silver medal in 49 Kg Weightlifting, which was the second ever medal in Weightlifting discipline in Olympics.
- Ms. Lovlina Boroghain, won a Bronze in Welter Weight Boxing.
- Hockey Men’s Team won Bronze in Tokyo 2020 after 41 years after 1980 Olympics.
- Neeraj Chopra won Gold which is the first ever medal in athletics discipline & he is the second Indian to win individual Gold in any Olympics.
- Ms. PV Sindhu won Bronze in Women’s Single Badminton becoming the Second Consecutive Olympic Medal Winner in 2 consecutive Olympics.
- Shri Ravi Dhaiya won Silver Medal in 57 Kg Men & Mr. Bajrang Punia won Bronze in 65 Kg Men in wrestling.
2024 Summer Olympics at Paris
Dates : 26 Jul, 2024 – 11 Aug, 2024
Venue : Paris