Skip to content
- India sent 50 more buses to Sri Lanka at the President’s Secretariat Complex on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of Sri Lanka’s independence.
- Indian High Commissioner to Sri Lanka Gopal Baglay handed over these buses to Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- Commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland has bagged a contract for the supply of 500 buses from the Sri Lanka Transport Board.
- Under the contract, 75 buses have been handed over to Sri Lanka in January 2023. The Indian Import-Export Bank is providing loans for these buses.
- The order is a part of the Line of Credit extended by the Export-Import Bank of India under the Economic Assistance Scheme of the Government of India.