Skip to content
- The Indian Army is set to host the second edition of the Africa-India Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-23) from 21 to 30 March and the African Chiefs Conclave in Pune on 28 March.
- Army officials said that more than 22 countries are scheduled to participate in the conference, while 20 countries are expected to be part of the exercise.
- The second edition of AFINDEX will enable the participating parties to hone their tactical skills, drills and procedures in joint operations for peacekeeping under the mandate of the United Nations.
- The exercise will also create synergy and better understanding with the armies of African countries and give a boost to Indian defense industries.
- The participating teams reached Pune on 17 March. The first Africa-India field training exercise was held in Pune in March 2019 which saw the participation of 20 African countries.