- The visionary leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has received global recognition. The Global System for Mobile Communications-GSM Association (GSMA) has presented the Government Leadership Award 2023 to India for implementing best practices in telecom policy and regulation.
Speaking on the announcement of India receiving the award, Minister of Electronics & Information Technology and Railways, Shri Ashwini Vaishnav said,
- ROW permission earlier used to take more than 230 days, now it is approved within 8 days.
- More than 85 percent of mobile tower clearances are now instantaneous.
- With nearly 1 lakh locations in 387 districts, India’s 5G roll-out is one of the fastest in the world.
- The Indian telecom sector has emerged as a promising sector and the whole world has taken note of this rise.
Global System for Mobile Communications (GSMA) :
The Global Mobile Communications Systems Association (GSMA), which represents over 750 mobile operators and 400 companies in the telecom ecosystem, recognizes one country every year. India was declared the winner at a ceremony organized by the Mobile World Congress Barcelona on 27 February 2023.