Antigua, 5 February 2022
- India defeated England by four wickets in the ICC U19 World Cup final at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on 5 February 2022.
- It was also a record-extending fifth U-19 title for India. Previously Indian U-19 team won the trophy in 2000, 2008, 2012, 2018.
- Yash Dhul has become the fifth Indian captain after Mohammad Kaif, Virat Kohli, Unmukt Chand and Prithvi Shaw to win the title.
- Earlier, England won the toss and opted to bat, but India bundled them out for 189 runs in 44.5 overs. India chased down the target of 190 runs with 2.2 overs remaining.
- India’s Raj Angad Bawa was declared the player of the match in the ICC Under 19 World Cup 2022 final between India and England. The Indian all-rounder touched 5/31, the best bowling figures for any final in the history of the championship.
- South Africa’s Dewald Brevis, who broke all records of 506 runs in just six innings, was named Player of the Series for the most record-breaking performances for any batsman in any Under-19 World Cup.