- The Defence Ministry signed a contract worth one thousand 700 crore rupees with Bharat Electronics Limited.
- The contract is for procurement of 13 Lynx-U2 Fire Control Systems for the Indian Navy.
- The Lynx-U2 System is a Naval Gun Fire Control System designed and developed indigenously.
- The Lynx-U2 System is capable of accurately tracking and engaging targets amidst sea clutter as well as air and surface targets.
- The fourth generation Lynx-U2 System will be installed on New Generation Offshore Patrol Vessels.
- The installation will generate employment of two lakh man-days over a period of four years.
- The installation will encourage Indian industries including MSMEs by giving boost to Atma Nirbharta initiatives in the defence sector.
What is the Lynx-U2 System?
A. A Surface to Air Missile System
B. A Naval Gun Fire Control System
C. A Short Range Surface Air Missile (SRSAM) System
D. A Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM) System
Answer: B. A Naval Gun Fire Control System.