Skip to content
- In January 2023, Indian tennis player Sania Mirza (36 years old), former doubles world No. 1, has confirmed her retirement from professional tennis.
- She announced that the Dubai Tennis Championships, a Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) 1000 event to be held in Dubai in February 2023, would be her last match.
- Before her final appearance, she is going to play in women’s doubles at the Australian Open from 16–29 January 2023 with Kazakhstan’s Anna Danilina.
- Sania has won the mixed doubles title of Australian Open in 2009, French Open in 2012, US Open in 2014.
- Apart from this, she has won the 2016 Australian Open, 2015 Wilmington, 2015 US Open title in women’s doubles.
- Sania Mirza has won many titles and honors in her career. He has been awarded the Arjuna Award in 2004, Padma Shri in 2006, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2015 and Padma Bhushan in 2016.