Skip to content
- The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST) inaugurated the country’s first electric air-conditioned (AC) double-decker bus on 13 February.
- After the approval of this bus, this bus will ply between Kurla Bus Depot & Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC).
- Electric Buses or SWITCH EiV22 boasts of latest technology, state-of-the-art design, highest safety and best-in-class comfort features for passengers.
- The ticket price has been kept at a minimum of Rs 6 for a distance of 5 km.
- The seating capacity of the Electric Double Decker Bus is 73.
- It is equipped with CCTV cameras and automatic doors and can be charged in 80 minutes.
- At present, the transport undertaking has 45 electric AC buses of various sizes, and 100 more wet-lease buses will be inducted this year.