- “Green Growth” is a priority in the 2023-2024 budget.
- 500 new Waste to Wealth plants will be established.
- On 2nd February 2023, MoU signed between Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and Engineers India Limited to develop waste to energy and bio-methanation projects in cities with a population over a million.
- Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 aims to create garbage-free cities with a focus on solid waste management.
- Large-scale processing facilities for solid waste proposed for million plus cities.
- Asia’s biggest municipal solid waste-based GOBARdhan plant was inaugurated in Indore in 2022.
- EIL will assist 25 million plus cities in developing waste to energy and bio-methanation projects with a goal of adding processing capacity of 15,000 TPD for bio-methanation and 10,000 TPD for waste to energy.
How many new Waste to Wealth plants will be established in cities with a population over a million ?
Ans : 500 new Waste to Wealth plants will be established.