- India’s 2nd monkeypox case has been confirmed in Kannur, Kerala.
- A 31-year-old native of Kannur, who arrived in Kerala from Dubai on 13th May, has been confirmed positive for the viral disease.
- A statement by State Health Minister Veena George said that the health condition of the person admitted to Pariyaram Medical College in Kannur is satisfactory. Those who were in close contact with the patient have been kept under observation.
- The 1st case of monkeypox in the state of Kerala, in a 35-year old man who arrived from the Middle East.
- The area has been put on alert for monkeypox. Countries are taking measures to prevent the spread of monkeypox by rapid detection and appropriate measures.
Qns : Where was the first monkeypox case confirmed in India?
Ans : The 1st case of monkeypox in the state of Kerala, in a 35-year old man who arrived from the Middle East.