- INS Sindhudhwaj on 16 July 2022, bid goodbye to the Indian Navy, serving for an illustrious period of 35 years.
- The crest of the submarine depicts a nurse shark in brown.
- The ship was the flag bearer of indigenization as well as the Indian Navy’s efforts to achieve self-determination in the Sindhughosh class submarines during her service in the Navy.
- She had several first to her credit including operationalisation of indigenous sonar USHUS, indigenous satellite communication system Rukmani and MSS, inertial navigation system and indigenous torpedo fire control system.
- She also successfully carried out mating and personnel transfer with the Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel and the only submarine that was awarded the CNS Rolling Trophy for Innovation.
Qns : What is the name of the submarine which was decommissioned from the Indian Navy on 16 July 2022?
Ans : INS Sindhudhvaj was decommissioned from Indian Navy, after providing service period of 35 years.