Skip to content
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) launched its Small Satellite Launch Vehicle SSLV-D1.
- It was launched at 9:18 am from the Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on 7th August 2022.
- The SSLV-D1 rocket carried Earth Observation Satellite EOS-02 & Azadisat, another small satellite developed by the student team of Space Kids India.
- ‘AzadiSat’ comprising 75 payloads has been built by 750 young girl students from 75 rural government schools across India.
- The project is specially conceptualized for the 75th Independence Day celebrations to encourage scientific temper and to create opportunities for young girls to choose space research as their career.