Skip to content
- JNU Vice Chancellor (VC) Mr. Jagadesh Kumar has been appointed as Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- In a notification issued by the Ministry of Education, Mr. Jagadesh Kumar has been appointed for a term of 5 years or till he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
- He has been given this charge for the 2nd time.
- He previously served as the President of UGC from 14 Jan to 7 Feb 2017.
- Professor D.P. The post of UGC president fell vacant on 7 Dec 2021, after Singh who took charge in 2018, resigned at the age of 65.