- In shooting, two-time Olympian Mairaj Ahmed Khan created history by becoming the 1st Indian shooter to win a gold medal in the men’s skeet event at the ISSF World Cup in Changwon, South Korea on 18th July 2022.
- Mairaj Ahmed Khan won the gold medal in the final by recording 37 hits out of a possible 40.
- Minsu Kim of South Korea scored 36 runs for the silver medal while Ben Llewellyn of Great Britain took the bronze with 26 hits.
- In the qualifying round, Mairaj Ahmed Khan scored 119 out of 125 in 2 days of the men’s skeet shooting event.
- In the ranking round, Mairaj Ahmed Khan was up for the 2nd round of 30 goals against Germany’s Sven Korte, South Korea’s Minky Cho & Cyprus’s Nicolas Vasileu.
Qns : Who won the gold medal in men’s ISSF World Cup in Korea?
Ans : Mairaj Ahmad Khan becomes 1st Indian shooter to win gold medal at ISSF World Cup.