On 28th September 2022, MHA issued notification regarding banning the Popular Front of India (PFI) and its affiliates due to national security reasons.
MHA declared the following organizations as Unlawful Association under the provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- Popular Front of India (PFI),
- Rehab India Foundation (RIF),
- Campus Front of India (CFI),
- All India Imams Council (AIIC),
- National Confederation of Human Rights Organization (NCHRO),
- National Women’s Front,
- Junior Front,
- Empower India Foundation and
- Rehab Foundation, Kerala.