- Computer scientist Hari Balakrishnan has been awarded the 2023 Marconi Prize.
- Dr. Balakrishnan is Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Dr. Balakrishnan has been cited “for his fundamental contributions to wired and wireless networking, mobile sensing, and distributed systems”.
- He graduated with a BTech in Computer Science from IIT Madras in 1993 and received his PhD from the University of California, Berkeley in 1998.
- Dr. Balakrishnan has previously won the Infosys Prize (2020) and the IEEE Koji Kobayashi Computer and Communications Award (2021).
Marconi Prize 2023 :
The Marconi Prize is a top honor for computer scientists and is awarded by the US-based Marconi Foundation. It is given to those who have “made a significant contribution to enhancing digital inclusion through advanced information and communication technology.”