Skip to content
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) has unveiled a new generation of spacesuits for humanity’s return journey to the Moon.
- The new design of the spacesuit comes with special features to help astronauts conduct scientific experiments on the lunar surface. The prototype is said to be better suited for female astronauts.
- NASA said it hopes to have the updated suit ready for the Artemis III mission to the Moon in 2025.
- NASA has entrusted the Axiom Space Company with the responsibility of making space suits for its astronauts, wearing which astronauts can land on the moon in the coming time.
- A well-fitting suit is important to prevent extreme fatigue and, worst of all, physical harm. The current spacesuit worn by American astronauts hasn’t been completely redesigned since 1981.