Indian Army has announced transformational changes in the recruitment procedure of Agniveer that is Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) and other ranks (OR). The new recruitment procedure will comprise of three stages. Here are the details of each stage:
Stage 1: Common Entrance Test
- All candidates who have registered and applied online will undergo a common entrance test.
- The online exam is being conducted at 176 locations across India.
- Candidates have the choice to select five exam locations.
- The online CEE is a computer-based exam.
- The process to appear in the exam is very simple.
- There is no change in the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
- To guide the candidates, a video on “How to Appear in Online Common Entrance Exam” is available on the ‘Join Indian Army’ website and also on YouTube.
Stage 2: Recruitment Rally
- Shortlisted candidates from stage 1 will be called for recruitment rally at locations decided by respective AROs.
- Candidates will undergo Physical Fitness Tests and Physical Measurement Tests.
Stage 3: Medical Test
- Selected candidates from stage 2 will undergo a Medical Test at the rally location.
Other Important Points:
- The Join Indian Army website has been linked with Digilocker for greater transparency.
- The changed recruitment procedure will focus on enhanced cognitive aspects during recruitment.
- This new procedure will result in wider and better outreach across the country.
Questions : What are the transformational changes announced by the Indian Army in the recruitment procedure?
a) Changes in the syllabus and pattern of the exam
b) A common entrance test followed by a recruitment rally and medical test
c) Recruitment only through physical fitness tests
d) None of the above
Answer: b) A common entrance test followed by a recruitment rally and medical test