- The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) has issued a notification for levelized Unified Tariffs which will come into effect from 1st April 2023.
- The Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Hardeep Singh Puri, described this as a much-awaited reform in the natural gas sector.
- The levelized Unified tariff is 73.93 rupees per MBTU and will be implemented in three tariff zones across the country’s entire gas network.
- The reform is expected to provide a major boost to economic development in all regions of the country, particularly in far-flung areas where the additive tariff is currently applicable.
- The new tariff will facilitate the development of gas markets and increase gas utilization in the country.
- The tariff zones are categorized based on distance from the gas source, with the first zone up to 300 km, the second zone between 300 km to 1200 km, and the third zone beyond 1200 km from the gas source.
Questions : What is the PNGRB?
a. A levelized Unified Tariffs scheme.
b. A natural gas company in India.
c. The Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas.
d. The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.
Answer: d. The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.