Skip to content
- The helicopter manufacturing unit of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in Tumakuru, Karnataka has been dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This is the largest helicopter manufacturing facility in Asia.
- PM Modi had laid the foundation stone of this manufacturing unit in the year 2016 with an aim to promote the vision of ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’.
- Initially, the Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) will be produced in this helicopter factory.
- The factory would later be expanded to manufacture Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) & Indian Multirole Helicopter (IMRH) as well as repair LCH, LUH, civil ALH & IMRH.
- This helicopter manufacturing unit is spread over 615 acres, which is by far the largest helicopter manufacturing unit in India.