Skip to content
- Former South Carolina Governor, Indian-American leader and Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley announced her candidacy for the US President on 14 February.
- In this way, she has become the first Republican to challenge former US President Donald Trump to become his party’s candidate for the White House in 2024.
- Haley, 51, has been a two-time governor of South Carolina and the US ambassador to the United Nations.
- Before entering the presidential election, Haley must win the primary vote for the Republican presidential nominee, which begins in January next year.
- The next US presidential election will be held on 5 November 2024.