Skip to content
- Queen Elizabeth II, the United Kingdom (UK) longest-serving monarch, has passed away. She was 96 year old and died on 8 September 2022 at Balmoral Castle, her summer residence in Scotland
- The Queen came to the throne in 1952 and spent more than seven decades on the throne.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s tenure as head of state spanned post-war austerity, the transition from empire to Commonwealth, the end of the Cold War and the UK’s entry and withdrawal from the European Union.
- Her reign spanned 15 Prime Ministers starting with Winston Churchill to recently elected Ms Truss.
- The Queen was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, in Mayfair, London, on 21 April 1926.
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was the husband of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Her 73-year-old son Prince Charles is automatically becomes king of UK.