- The Reserve Bank of India has launched the Mission “Har Payment Digital” to promote digital payments in India on 06th March 2023.
- This initiative is part of the Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW) 2023 campaign with the theme “Digital Payment Apnao, Auron ko bhi Sikhao.”
- The objective is to make every person in India a user of digital payments and to facilitate the onboarding of new consumers into the digital fold.
- The RBI plans to promote the acceptance and use of digital payments in regional offices and initiate a “75 Digital Villages” program to convert villages into digital payment-enabled ones.
- The RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has appealed to all stakeholders to adopt digital payments and teach others about the benefits of using them.
Questions : What is the objective of RBI’s Mission “Har Payment Digital”?
a) To promote cash-based transactions in India
b) To make every person in India a user of digital payments
c) To increase the use of cheques in India
d) To reduce the use of digital payments in India
Ans : b) To make every person in India a user of digital payments