Skip to content
- India’s first Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (H2-ICE) truck was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the ‘India Energy Week’ in Bengaluru.
- The ICE in the H2-ICE stands for Internal Combustion Engine.
- It has been developed by Reliance Industries (RIL) in association with Ashok Leyland.
- The H2-ICE truck is the first of its kind in India to be powered by hydrogen.
- The truck uses hydrogen instead of conventional diesel fuel or liquefied natural gas (LNG), reducing carbon emissions to almost zero.
- Hydrogen is considered the cleanest fuel. This emits only water and oxygen.