Shri S.S. Dubey took charge as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) on 7 March 2023. He is the 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- Shri Dubey is a 1989-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer and has served in various ministries, including Housing & Urban Affairs, Industrial Policy and Promotion, Environment & Forest, External Affairs, Revenue, and Supply.
- Before becoming the CGA, Shri Dubey was Additional Controller General of Accounts, Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- Shri Dubey has also served as Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer in Bank Note Press, Dewas.
- During his Central deputation, Shri Dubey served as Joint Secretary & Financial Advisor to Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs and Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region.
- Shri Dubey also has international experience of five years in United Nations, where he worked as Head of Procurement and Logistics, United Nations World Food Programme, New Delhi.
Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is ‘the Principal Advisor’ on Accounting matters to the Union Government of India. CGA is responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound Management Accounting System and preparation & submission of the accounts of the Union Government. CGA is also responsible for exchequer control and conduct of internal audits for the Central Government.
Questions : Who is the 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) ?
b) Vijay Kumar
c) S.S. Dubey
d) C.S. Swaminathan
Ans : S.S. Dubey