Skip to content
- Thirteen MPs including Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, RJD’s Manoj Jha and CPI(M)’s John Brittas have been nominated for the Sansad Ratna Award 2023.
- The Prime Point Foundation, which has instituted the award, said in a statement that the 13 MPs include eight from the Lok Sabha and five from the Rajya Sabha, including three retired members.
- Nominations are based on cumulative performance in questions, private members’ bills and debates of members from the beginning of the 17th Lok Sabha till the end of the Winter Session 2022.
Sansad Ratna Awards 2023 from Lok Sabha
- Bidyut Baran Mahato (BJP, Jharkhand),
- Dr. Sukanta Majumdar (BJP, West Bengal),
- Kuldeep Rai Sharma (INC, Andaman Nicobar Islands),
- Dr Heena Vijayakumar Gavit (BJP, Maharashtra),
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury (INC, West Bengal),
- Gopal Chinayya Shetty (BJP, Maharashtra),
- Sudhir Gupta (BJP, Madhya Pradesh)
- Dr. Amol Ramsing Kolhe (NCP, Maharashtra)
Sansad Ratna Awards 2023 from Rajya Sabha
- Dr. John Brittas (CPI-M, Kerala),
- Dr. Manoj Kumar Jha (RJD, Bihar),
- Smt Fauzia Tahseen Ahmed Khan (NCP, Maharashtra) Vishambhar Prasad Nishad (Samajwadi Party, UP)
- Smt Chhaya Verma (INC, Chhattisgarh)
Two Parliamentary Committees of Lok Sabha nominated for Sansad Ratna Award 2023
- Lok Sabha’s Parliamentary Committee on Finance, chaired by Jayant Sinha
- Rajya Sabha’s Standing Committee on Tourism, Transport, and Culture, chaired by Vijay Sai Reddy
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Award – T K Rangarajan, (Former Rajya Sabha MP for two terms and a Senior CPIM Leader).