Skip to content
- In men’s cricket, India beat New Zealand by 12 runs in the first One Day International of the three-match series in Hyderabad on 18 January.
- Chasing a target of 350 runs, the New Zealand team was dismissed for 337 runs in 49.2 overs.
- Batting first, India scored 349 runs at the loss of eight wickets.
- Shubman Gill became the youngest cricketer to score an ODI double century. He scored 208 runs in 149 balls.
- The 23-year-old Shubman Gill became the fifth Indian after Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan to score a double century for India in ODIs.
- Shubman Gill also became the fastest Indian to score 1000 ODI runs during the game.