Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) and Lunglei Fire Station (LFS) Mizoram selected for Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar-2023 for excellence in disaster management for the year 2023 on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 23rd January.
Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) –
- The Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) was established in 1999 after the massive cyclone disaster that hit Odisha. OSDMA had worked effectively during various cyclones like Hudhud (2014), Fani (2019), Amphan (2020) and Odisha flood (2020). OSDMA had organized disaster preparedness initiatives to build community resilience in 381 tsunami prone villages/wards and 879 multi-purpose cyclone/flood shelters located within 1.5 km from the coastline.
Lunglei Fire Station –
- Lunglei Fire Station efficiently and effectively controlled the massive fire that broke out in the uninhabited forest areas surrounding Lunglei town on 24 April 2021 that spread to more than 10 village council areas.
- The personnel deployed at Lunglei Fire Station worked tirelessly for over 32 hours with the help of local citizens, during which they motivated and trained them to douse the fire on the spot.
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
- The Government of India under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has instituted the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar to recognize and honor the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by individuals and organizations in India in the field of disaster management.
- This is an annual award.
- This award is announced every year on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose (23 January).
- In this award, Rs 51 lakh cash and a certificate is given to the selected organization in the institutional category and Rs 5 lakh cash and a certificate to the winner in the individual category.