Skip to content
- The 48th GST Goods and Services Tax Council meeting was held on 17th December 2022, Saturday, virtually from New Delhi.
- The GST Council on 17 December agreed to decriminalize certain offenses and doubled the threshold for initiating prosecution to ₹2 crore.
- The threshold limit for initiation of GST offenses has been increased to two crores, except in the case of fake invoices.
- The 5% GST applied on blended petrol ethyl alcohol reduced certain offenses of obstruction of services, failure to give information etc. by the authorities.
- E-com portal can supply goods from unregistered suppliers
- No claim bonus offered by insurance companies does not attract GST.
- No decision on GST Appellate Tribunal, both GOM reports on Pan Masala, Gutka and GSTAT to be discussed in next meeting.