- Union Public Service Commission declared the result of Civil Services Examination 2022 on 23 May.
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2022 was scheduled to be held on June 5, 2022. A total of 11,35,697 candidates applied for this exam out of which 5,73,735 candidates actually appeared in the exam.
- Ishita Kishore has topped the exam while Garima Lohia has secured the second position. Uma Harathi N secured the third position and Smriti Mishra secured the fourth position.
- 933 candidates (613 Males and 320 Females) have qualified the exam. Of these, 345 are from general category, 99 from economically weaker sections, 263 from other backward classes, 154 from scheduled castes and 72 from scheduled tribes.
- Civil Services Examination is conducted every year to select officers for Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and others.
Qns : What is UPSC full form?
(A) Union Police Security Commission
(B) Union Public Service Commission
(C) Union Private Service Civil
(D) None of these
Ans : (B) Union Public Service Commission