Skip to content
- The US Senate has confirmed President Joe Biden’s nomination of Eric Garcetti as the US Ambassador to India.
- On 15 March, 52 members of the Senate supported Garcetti’s nomination while 42 opposed it.
- Seven members of the Republican Party also supported Garcetti, along with members of the majority Democratic Party.
- There was no US ambassador in India since January 2021, after almost two years, America has appointed its permanent ambassador to India.
- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said that the relationship between the US and India is of utmost importance.