The world’s highest railway bridge, Chenab Bridge is being built over the Chenab River in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It will be 359 meters high, making it the world’s highest railway bridge, and 1.315 kilometers long.
- The bridge is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link project, which is being built to connect the Kashmir Valley with the rest of India by rail.
- The bridge has been designed to withstand earthquakes of up to 8.0 magnitude, high-intensity blasts, and extreme temperatures.
- The project is being executed by the Indian Railways and the Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL).
- The construction of the bridge started in 2004, and it was expected to be completed by 2009, but various issues delayed the project.
- The construction work is now almost complete, and the final touches are being given to the bridge.
- The Chenab Bridge is expected to be inaugurated in April 2022.
Questions : What is the height of the world’s highest railway bridge, Chenab Bridge?
a. 350 meters
b. 359 meters
c. 400 meters
d. 450 meters
Answer: b. 359 meters